Udaca Touriga Nacional Dão Doc Red Wine 2012 75cl
Wine Region: Dão
Grape stocks: Touriga Nacional 100%.
Type: Traditional Dão, classic vinification.
Fermentation: At a controlled temperature of up to 28ºC for 8 to 10 days.
Aging: 12 months in Allier Fino, American and Russian oak barrels, followed by the aging process in the bottle, and 6 to 8 months in the bottle.
Aroma: Presents a very mature forest fruits aroma, with nuances of cherry and spices, and a refined bouquet.
Flavour: Intense and profound, full, of good structure, with a refined and highly persistent finish, demonstrating its own personality.
This wine is ready to drink but can be kept for another 10 years.
Density of Plantation: 4000 plants per hectare.
Type of Training: Monoplane vertical rising.
Type of Pruning: Single and Double curtain, and Guyot.
Yield per hectare (ton./ha): 4 tonnes of grapes per hectare.
Alcoholic content: 13.5% Vol.
Volatile acidity: 0.58 g/l.
Total acidity: 5.53 g/l.
Dry extract: 32.60 g/l.
Residual Sugar: 3.50 g/l.
Medals & Awards
- Brazil Wine Challenge 2016.
- Portugal Wine Trophy 2018.
- Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2013.
- Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2017.
- Concurso Os Melhores Vinhos Engarrafados do Dão 2012.
- Portugal Wine Trophy 2016.
- International Wine Challenge 2007.
- 5º Concursodo Crédito Agrícola 2018.
- International Wine Guide 2011.
- Rating 86 Points - Wine Enthusiast July 2016.
- Rating 87 Points - Wine Enthusiast August 2018.
- Commended International Wine Challenge 2017.
- Best Buy Award - Revista de Vinhos Magazine 2009.